Sunday, May 24, 2015

Pre-Departure Musings

As I sit here contemplating sleep, I figured it would be great to start a blog about my adventures abroad. As a little kid, I kept a travel journal filled with what I did each and every day I was out of the country. As an adult (or at least as close to adulthood as I can get at this age), I'm moving to a more public medium so that my experiences can be shared with not just myself, but with others as well. I will say upfront that I am not the greatest writer: forgive me when I write so extravagantly that you know it must be to impress the reader...................there will be times, guaranteed, when that happens. 

Anyway, enough ranting. Here's a rundown of my abroad experience. I will be spending 4 weeks on a small, beautiful island off west coast of Spain called Palma de Mallorca. Starting tomorrow, I get to kickstart my old and rusty Spanish into gear, and delve into the wonders of Spanish culture yet again. I will be studying about marine biology, which involves many excursions around the island (so excited!)



After that, I will be spending another 4 weeks in Kralendijk, Bonaire, once again studying marine biology. Another beautiful island, I am really excited to see what things the Caribbean has in store.


Tomorrow begins this two month journey with an 8:00am flight from Denver to Washington DC. Here's to a great abroad experience: to new experiences, to new knowledge, and most of all, to new friends and family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment